Welcome and well met to the first article of my brand new magickal series, “Candle Colour Magick 101“! Today, we’ll learn more about yellow candle meaning, magickal usages, and symbolism!
Yellow Candle Meaning
Yellow is also the colour of sunlight and thus it often serves as a representation in spellwork of kindness, warmth, and joy! Like a warm summer’s day, yellow spell candles lend themselves to any cheerful work and serve to brighten not only your mood but also to release any stale or negative energies from your home.
What Are Yellow Coloured Candles Used For?
Yellow is associated with the element of Air and the powers of the mind. Burn a yellow candle for success in school or the arts, or to enhance communication in a relationship. Yellow also increases mental focus and intuition and it is a great choice for business spells, especially when you need fresh ideas and inspiration.
What Do Yellow Coloured Candles Represent?
Yellow Magick represents the revitalizing, rejuvenating energies of wealth, confidence, willpower, generosity, joy, and optimism! A yellow or gold candle may even be chosen to represent the Divines on one’s altar.
Simple Spells Using Yellow Candles
Prosperous Business Charm
Increase your abundance, manifest wealth, sharpen your intuition, and more with this easy business spell!
- 1x Yellow or Gold Sachet Bag
- Gold or Yellow Thread
- 1x Sewing Needle
- 1x Yellow or Gold Spell Candle
- Bay leaves – To draw in money and grant wishes.
- 1x Citrine Crystal
- Cherry Blossoms or Petals – For prosperity, abundance, and creativity
- Sunflower Seeds or Petals – For joyful and optimistic energies
- Lemon peel – For wealth creation and protection.
- 3x Coins – To symbolize and represent wealth
- 1x Small Piece of Paper
- 1x Pen – Bonus if you have gold or even green ink!
1. Begin this business spell by sitting quietly in a room or better yet your home office/work-space if you work at home. Calm your mind with a few deep breaths and moments of meditation.
2. Light your yellow or gold candle paying special attention to how the light of the flame flickers and illuminates the cheerful colour.
3. Combine your bay leaves, petals/seeds, lemon peels, crystal, and coins into your small sachet bag and gently give them a shake. Carefully massage the contents through the fabric releasing the essential oils and imbuing the charm bag with their magickal properties and beautiful aromas.
4. Write your desire or spell on the paper with your pen. Try to be as specific as possible here. For example, “I wish for creative and financial success from my new business”. If you have a business logo, try drawing it on the paper. Add any symbols of wealth, creativity, and success that resonates with you personally and then fold the paper as many times are is necessary to fit it into the bag although preferably an even number making sure to fold towards your body.
5. Add your spell petition to the charm bag and slowly close it.
6. Take your sewing needle and hold it over the flame of your burning spell candle for a few seconds, repeating your wish out loud or in your mind as clearly as possible.
7. Add the thread to the needle, then carefully sew your charm bag shut all the while picturing in your mind your spell’s completion and success.
* For added power, embroider sigils of wealth, success, and creativity onto the bag.
8. Snuff the candle to finish your spell and place the charm bag somewhere special for safe-keeping such as on your person or somewhere in your workspace, like in a desk drawer or on your office windowsill.
During important times for your business, light the spell candle again for a few moments and then snuff it out. When that candle has burned down completely, your spell should have fully manifest.
If more power is needed or you wish to extend the life of the spell, simply perform the ritual again with a new candle and freshen up any herbs or other ingredients as needed in the charm bag before resealing it with intent and new thread.
Awaken the Imagination Spell
- 1x Green Candle
- 1x Yellow Candle
- An Amethyst Crystal
- A Yellow Pear or Mango
- A Small Branch (Preferably Pine)
1. At one hour before midnight, place the two spell candles on your altar or in a space within your home that is sacred to you. Next to them, place the amethyst, fruit, and small branch.
2. At precisely 11:11 pm, hold up the fruit in the palm of your left hand and speak the following words while circling the candlelit altar/space clockwise three times very slowly with the small branch in your other hand:
“Moon above, shining bright. Gaze down on me in my home tonight.
Through the power of Earth, Air, and Fire.
As I bite into this fruit, I am inspired!
All possibilities lay in a path before me.
As I say it is, so mote it be.”
3. Eat the fruit, making sure to leave at least a small piece as an offering to the divines, then bury the seeds in your garden or in a small pot filled with soil.
After completion of this spell, you will walk on a path that is new and filled with promise – filled with imagination!
Keep the crystal and branch on your altar for as long as you wish and they will continue to spark inspiration every time you see them.
Sun Magick – Bath Ritual
This ritual makes a perfect spell for rainy days, to brighten negative energy, or to help ease the spiritual symptoms of grief, depression, or sadness.
It’s also really nice to perform this bath ritual during any of the summer moons, Esbats, or Sabbats (like Litha and Lammas).
- 1x Bottle of Champagne or Sparkling Wine (or substitute a sparkling non-alcoholic juice of your choice)
- Citrus or Tropical Fruits (such as lemons, oranges, mangos, pineapple, etc)
- Seasonal Flowers (I love to use sunflowers or cherry blossoms for their cheerful beauty.)
- Several Yellow Candles (or a combination of yellow and white candles works too if you don’t have enough yellow on hand!)
- Fresh Mint Sprigs (make sure the stems are still attached for easier clean-up!)
- 10-20 Drops of Orange Blossom or Other Uplifting Essential Oil
1. Draw a bathtub full of water. During the summer months, I like to run a nice cool bath. But hot water helps to intensify the natural aroma of herbal baths, so it’s pretty much your call here.
2. Add a few drops of orange blossom or other essential oil and turn on some soft mood music of your choice to help you to relax (I really enjoy the calming sounds of nature like birds chirping or gently falling rain).
3. Carefully peel the citrus fruit and/or any other fruits you chose and toss the peels into the bathwater. As for the fruit itself, you can either squeeze the juices into the water, or you can save them for a refreshing snack during/after your bath.
4. Add flowers and fresh mint sprigs. I definitely recommend not breaking these down but leaving them in the largest pieces possible. It’ll make it so much easier to clean up afterward.
5. Now add 1 cup of champagne, sparkling wine, or (alternatively) sparkling fruit juice. Like the fruit you chose, the rest of this yummy beverage can be saved for later or serve as a refreshing treat during your ritual.
6. Light your yellow candles and carefully place them so that they outline your bath and lend their warm glow to the relaxation and rejuvenation of your spell.
7. Enchant your bathwater.
For this step, you can experiment with chanting or prayers, or stir the bath clockwise 9 times with a wooden spoon as you would stir a cauldron…Or, you could just keep it simple and simply state your intent. “Bless this bathwater for joy and abundance.”
Honestly, you should use whatever method speaks truest to you and your own magickal flair!
8. Step in, relax, and just let it all go! Close your eyes and imagine yourself absorbing the warm light of your spell candles. Picture soothing liquid light running through your body, or imagine it flowing over you like a gentle waterfall. Stay in for as long as you like and fully embrace the experience. Practice some deep breathing and try to keep your mind present in the moment.
And there you have it my lovelies! The meaning of yellow candles and a couple of my favourite spells to harness the feel-good-flair of Yellow Magick!
I hope that you enjoyed this article and that it helps you along your magickal journey.
And if you liked this one, just wait until you see what’s coming next in the Colour Magick 101 series!
See you there!
Clear Skies & Bright Moons,